Sunday, November 30, 2008

fleece hats for every occasion

Last month, I made a pumpkin hat for Ruby.  The fleece hat was so easy to make, that I had to try some variations:

I made this little monster hat for a baby shower gift.  

It is sized for a newborn.  I started with five 3" x 6" gothic-arch-shaped fleece panels.  I sewed those together to make the hat base.  I sewed white felt circles on for eyes and yellow felt horns on top.  I added bright buttons for monster eyes.  I hemmed the hat and sewed the felt teeth on at the same time.

I made this apple hat for a baby gift too.

I started with the same five-panel basic hat.  I made a cylinder for the stem... slightly wider at the top.  I used some skinny dark green scraps to make the veins on the leaf.  Perfect for the baby that is the apple of your eye!

Fleece hats can be styled for any occasion... well, any cold-weather occasion.  With all the sales on fleece right now, now is a great time to get creative.

My mother-in-law made this hat.

Actually, she made two.


No wait, actually, she made three... my nephew has one too.

Andy said she was trying to show me up.

What kind of fleece hat do you want to make?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Omg, I absolutely love the apple hat, I mean, I started making fleece hats a while ago and I've seen some other ones on the internet but yours..yours is so much cuter xx