Saturday, November 1, 2008

baby tag blanket

We have been busy making things for our baby.  This week the girls helped me make a tag blanket.  This project was inspired by the very crafty Jill
The fabric is from JoAnn... this piece was a remnant bin deal!  I used bits of ribbon around the edges.  Alli and Ruby helped pick out the ribbons. 
With the good side of two equal-sized fabric pieces facing in, I folded the 2-3 inch lengths of ribbon in half and pinned them between the fabric pieces.  Then I sewed the seam, securing the ribbons in place.  I did three and a half sides of the blanket before turning it inside out (fuzzy fabric side out) and finishing the last half side. 

I sewed another seam around the entire blanket to finish it off.

Hopefully they won't mind sharing this blanket with baby sister!

Make sure to use better quality ribbon for this as it will be washed and chewed on, etc.  I used some ribbons from products: Izod ribbon from one of Andy's new dress shirts, Ethel's Chocolate ribbon from a box of chocolates, Hermes ribbon, Toblerone ribbon from a Christmas package... I am a ribbon saver and this project was perfect to purge some of my collection.

1 comment:

stephasauri said...

You're going to be so ready for this baby! What a fun project!