Thursday, January 5, 2012

a fabric sample book turned into a quilt

A while back I got a bound book of fabric swatches... for free.  The colors were all in rainbow order.  It was so neat... but useless and silly to display.
So I cut that book of fabric up into quilt blocks.  I arranged the colors chromatically from white in one corner to black at the opposite corner... rainbow order from top to bottom. 
I pieced it all together...
and then I sent it away to be quilted.
And I forgot about it.

Fast forward several months... I got a package.
It was magic.


My quilt came back!  I finished the edges and stitched my name on it (which felt a little like cheating since I sent it out to be quilted).

Oh, I love it!  My girls love it too.  It is the new favorite cozy thing.  Unfortunately it is small... like a lap blanket.

 

Too bad it isn't big enough for our bed... someday I'll get that ambitious!




1 comment:

stephasauri said...

Love it! What a good use of fabric samples!