Wednesday, March 4, 2009

pants for daddy's girl


I have a thing for 1) a good challenge, 2) recycling, 3) creating something unique, 4) outfitting my daughters... and this project fulfilled all those things. 

I used the shirt sleeves to make pant legs.  I sewed the shirt pocket onto the back of the pants.  I am not very great at sewing waistbands, so I used the wasteband from a pair of Ruby's shorts (they used to be pants, but the knees wore out so I made them into shorts, then the bum got worn out.... this is recycling at its best, right?).  I cut the waistband off the shorts with about 2 inches of fabric below it.  I attached the waistband to the sleeve pants.  Not too difficult.



What do you think?  Ruby likes to wear this with her "Daddy's Sweetheart" shirt.

1 comment:

Alison said...

This is so cute Karyn! What a fun idea!