Tuesday, March 10, 2009

creative baby gifts

I am blessed with some very talented and generous friends who have made some darling gifts for June.

My sister-in-law Sarah knitted this winter hat for June (and another coordinating one too... a Chicago girl can't have too  many!).  Obviously June loves it!  I love it too.  Knitting is not (yet?) one of my talents, so it is wonderful to have a homemade knit hat.


My friend Mo made these onesies with fabric, double-sided iron-on backing, and simple machine stitching.  I can't wait for June to grow into these.  I think the writing over the elephant says "awesome" or something like that.


The fabulously talented Marjorie crocheted the gorgeous edging on this blanket.  It is such a beautiful touch on a simple blanket.


My dear friend Stephanie made this sweet set: bibs, burp cloths, and onesie.  I love the hand stitching around the monogram and heart!  And how baby-sophisticated to have a burp cloth that matches the outfit!


My mother-in-law made June's blessing gown.  You can see it here.

My lovely friend Kris Tina made a baby cozy for June.  That's right.  A baby cozy.  A cocoon of fuzziness.  Here is June snoozing away in her cozy cocoon.  Heavenly.


I love seeing the brilliant projects my friends do... and it is wonderful to be on the receiving end of their creativity! 



2 comments:

stephasauri said...

I love that cocoon! June looks so cozy in it!

JachiCue said...

The cocoon! It's amazing. Where...How...Oh my!

Any word on a patter she may have used? or was it of her own imagining? Gorgeous.