Sunday, May 8, 2011

For my Mom


I made this for my Mom.  She deserves a comfy and stylish place to prop up her feet.

I found this wonderful crewel fabric remnant at Chelsea Design House in Columbus.  I love the rich texture and jewel-toned colors.  The bird and bugs are playful, but the fabric has a very classic look.
A whole bag stuffed full of fabric samples costs $5.  For real.
The wood base came from a broken tray table we had.  $0.
The curvy brass legs came off of another footstool that had broken.  The old footstool cost about $8 from Goodwill.
The stuffing is a cheap pillow.
You may be thinking, "Wow Karyn.  You are cheap."
My Mom calls it "thrifty."
And she taught me all I know about thriftiness.

Happy Mothers Day!

1 comment:

Beth said...

fantastic! very well done. karyn, your thriftiness is so inspiring! been thinking a lot about all your creative projects lately as i am looking for some affordable seating for my apartment, realizing it may take some refurbishing and ingenuity on my part.