Thursday, March 6, 2008

Getting Crafty

Congratulations to my friend Stephanie! Baby Eliza was born March 3rd. To celebrate her birth, I got a little crafty and made a nursing cover. The front is held open with a flexible plastic piece that keeps mom's view unobstructed while baby nurses in privacy. The nursing cover folds into the front pocket for compact storage. The magnetic clasp holds the strap on one side. I got this great fabric at JoAnn's.

Every mom and baby needs a diaper clutch to hold the essentials. This little bag holds a small wipe container and a few diapers. The fabric lining inside is glittery pink. The magnetic clasp is hidden under a felt flower. I cut the felt with my QuicKutz die-cutter.
The wipes container is embellished with fabric, felt and beads. The flowers were cut with the QuicKutz die-cutter. I used clear Gloo by K.I. Memories to adhere the fabric and beads.

3 comments:

terica said...

Um, these are so cute! You are so talented. I am so glad we are friends.

stephasauri said...

Karyn, we absolutely love them! What a perfect, thoughtful, and creative gift! With the way Eliza eats (she has her daddy's appetite) I will be using these lots!!

Chelsey said...

I love that diaper wipe cover!

Chelsey